Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gold Coast, Australia

Scott made plans for us to go to Australia for the Hari Raya Holidays. It is winter right now in Australia and so I had to get my winter things out of storage. I was glad to have my coat and warm things but the days were so nice. One day would be warm and sunny and then the next day would be cool and rainy. It was lovely, simply lovely. That cool air was a wonderful treat.

This is the sight that greeted me when I entered the hotel lobby.



Our hotel was situated in a beautiful spot on the Gold Coast of Australia


A yummy place that we had lunch at.


The little boutique stores by our hotel.



Various Pictures around our hotel. It was so pretty.





Scott caught this little beauty in flight. Oh what a lovely day on the boat we had.


This little darling came hopping around to greet us. So excited my first kangaroo sighting in Australia



This little critter was a slimey, worm thing pushing along the sand.






Scott and I took a little walk down the beach
while I searched for shells for my seashell collection. We saw all these little sand balls that some sea critter pushed up to make a hole.






Scott and I took a sea plane to have a bird's eye view of the coast line. What fun that was. I was a bit afraid that the little plane would not be able to lift off with us on it but the little sweetheart did just great.
This is one of the homes of the beautiful people. Just a little shack worth about 60 million Aussie dollars!!!
Where the home above is planted.
Just looking at this picture fills me with the excitement I experienced on the plane ride.
Scott got the front seat and I got the very back seat. Another couple were between us.


We had a fantastic Bar B Q lunch with these scurvy pirates. But they were pretty nice to us.

I particularly thought the pirate on my right, your left was pretty cute!


Whale watching in the morning.




I loved Australia. Would love to go back to see more some day, but probably won't happen.



1 comment:

  1. hey, i was looking on your photos and i love it! im a student in Malaysia and was wondering whether i can use some of your photos to promote brisbane.

    ReplyDelete