Friday, June 4, 2010

Relief Society Activity

Boy am I far behind in blogging. Below is the Relief Society Birthday Party at our little Branch. One of my sweet friends here, Karen McKinley, is the Counselor over Enrichment (yes I know the name has changed but what the hey, I almost said homemaking) and spearheaded this event. Because I was always helping her anyway she put me on the Enrichment/homemaking/whatever committee. We just love working together. One time she asked me if I would be able to drive to an activity and I said, "sure". After I hung up the phone, Scott reminded me that I didn't drive. I seemed to forget that little detail. Called her right back and said I couldn't drive but would be happy to loan her my car and she could drive us both. The sisters below are angels. I just love associating with them.


As always, the cute Elders seem to come to our Relief Society Parties. It is fun to have them there and we make sure that they get something to eat. Elder Mattox, but we called him Elder Madu, has since finished his mission and gone home to Florida. Elder Pulver replaced Elder Wall. He is also a great Missionary. We manage to have the Elders over for dinner several times during the month. In fact, as each Elder gets a transfer we do a special dinner for them and they get to choose whatever they want for dinner. Elder Madu was so funny. I asked him what he wanted for the main dish and he said pork, I asked him what he wanted for a side dish and he said pork, then I asked him what he wanted for dessert and he said pork. Well for the main we did Scott's famous pork tenderloins, for a side dish we did squash sauted in onions and bacon and for the dessert we had brownies and icecream. I just couldn't quite grant all his desires. He seemed okay with the choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment