Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Home

I just read a book that talked about where your home is. It got me thinking about home. I have always thought my family was my home and they are. Each of my children fill a space in my heart reserved just for them. As they have married and given me grandchildren, my heart has increased to include each one.

I also thought a lot about my actual home in Salt Lake City and how much I loved my house. Of course it had so much to do with my children and all the memories that I have of them. It sits in the middle of neighbors and friends and Church that I love so much. As the years have gone by, I have grown to love my home more and more.

But a funny thing happened to me. I left my home, my neighbors, my friends, my church, my children and I moved half way around the world, and I still feel like I am home. My children are still so much a part of my life, my friends still love me and support me. I am experiencing the joy of meeting new friends and neighbors who I am growing to love. The Church has filled an incredible void.

But I have realized the real reason that I feel like I am home is because of Scott. He is here with me, supporting me every day. He is so fun and funny, and we really enjoy each other's company. I am one lucky girl because no matter where I am, if Scott is with me, I am home.


4 comments:

  1. Man apparently I should think twice about reading your blog while I am at work, now I have to explain to people why I am crying at my desk. Thanks a lot! ;) Love you, so happy you guys are happy there.
    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. That is exactly how Brock and I felt when we moved to Peachtree City. We were so far from friends and family, but we had each other, and that made everything okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sweetie! I feel the very same way about you.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though we may have lots to say about our sweet husbands, Ha! It just isn't home sweet home without them. Loved your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete