Saturday, August 22, 2009

Parables

We performed our Musical Production tonight of "Parables" written by Jenny Phillips. I bet when she wrote this musical production she would not have guessed that it would be performed half-way around the world and be the very first musical production done by the Church in Malaysia. I was surprised when our District President said that this was the first musical production ever done and Scott and I were privileged to have been part of it.

I have to admit I wasn't feeling very privileged this afternoon as Scott and I practiced our song over and over and over again. They wanted it memorized and that is just one of the hardest things for me to do. When I get scared the words just leave me. I did prepare a little cheat card to take with me. The funny thing is we missed practice last night where we would have had the spotlight on us for the first time. Then the practice this afternoon went too long and they had to stop just before our number so it wasn't until I got up there for the actual performance that I realized I couldn't read my card. Scott and I had had a little prayer just before we left and our song went perfectly. We both remembered all the words and sang the best we ever had. Got lots of really nice comments about how much everyone enjoyed our song.

One of our soloist's father had unexpectedly passed away, she had the most beautiful voice and it was very sad to lose her. The young lady who was our pianist knew all the songs but because she wasn't one of the better singers she didn't get any solo parts but she knew every song by heart. They asked her Friday night if she would fill in for our missing soloist and she did the most beautiful solo with such a sweet voice. I was so amazed.

Everyone who performed did an exceptional job and the program was wonderful. We had a packed house and I was so proud to have been on the program.

I forgot to take my camera but there were lots of cameras flashing so I hope I will be able to get a few pictures so send to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment