Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas in Malaysia - Branch Christmas Party



Our Branch decided this year to do a service project for our Christmas Party. We went to an orphanage to prepare a meal and give the orphanage workers a break. We had so much fun working with many members of our Branch preparing Curry Chicken, Vegetable Omelets, a yummy lime spicy chicken and warm vegetable salad. It was delicious and so much fun. Now I pride myself in my culinary prowess but when it came to cutting the carrots I was a flop. Every time Sister Ee checked my progress she kept saying that they weren't thin enough. My carrots did not get chosen to go into the omelet mixture. They had to go into the Chicken curry. Maybe next time I will do better. It is just so enjoyable to work with so many wonderful people. To visit and talk to them. The children in the orphanage are well fed and clothed but even so it is sad to see so many children without the love of parents and family. Our Elder and Sister Missionaries were on hand to interact with the children and the children sure loved them. The Branch members are such hard workers. No one has to tell them to sweep, mop, wash and clean. They just start doing it. Even the men. With so many people to work it makes the job so easy. After watching Sis. Ee do all that wonderful cooking, I want her to give me lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment