Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter Service Project



We have challenged all of our children to do a family service project each month for this year. Scott and I have been working hard at this project and it has been so wonderful.

In March this year I asked Scott if he wanted to help with the Embassy Easter Egg Hunt and Breakfast. I told him I wanted it to be a true service project. So I called the lady in charge and told her that Scott and I wanted to do this. That we would bring a dish to eat and come early to set up, serve, hide the eggs, play with the kids and then clean up. Well she didn't say no. In fact she was very grateful.

We started at 8:00 a.m. for the set up




Then Scott hid the eggs, if you can call throwing them on the lawn in perfect view, hiding.


Then Tobi helped to serve the food, it was very yummy.


It was so much fun watching the little ones pick up an egg then run across the lawn passing 10 or more eggs to get the next one.

The Easter Bunny was one of our tough Marines. He was an absolute doll to wear that outfit in all the heat.

It was a very fun great day. Scott and I had so much fun doing this service project.

No comments:

Post a Comment