Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some of the things I do in Malaysia



Walk around the city and to work.



Walking around the city is interesting.  They are building new buildings everywhere and renovating many others.  If you walk past these building sites you have to be very careful because there is no protection from the work site.  On the picture above I walked right under the crane and through the mud.  On my way to work, they built new stairs for the pedestrian bridge.  Before they had even finished those stairs they blocked off the ones I use and I had to walk around the workers and there was building materials all over the stairs.  Quite a hazard.  Then the sidewalk I always walk on was ripped out and I had to walk in the street with all the traffic.  Very dangerous but no one seems to mind.

Teach the cutest and smartest class in Primary


These are the little girls in my primary class.  They are wonderful.  The Primary room was soo cold that I started bringing all my scarves to wrap them up.  Aren't they cute.  They are so smart.  They know at least two languages and some of them more.  Every week as I review the lesson from the week before they just astound me at how much they remember.  I am loving being a Primary Teacher again.

Preparing for a Musical Production of "Parables".


Scott and I are in a musical production of "Parables".  Miow Lin is our director.  She is also a good friend of ours.  We have had her over for dinner a few times and just love talking to her.  She is busy helping the Church translate the Book of Mormon and other documents into the Malaysian language.  She is also the Sunday School teacher and is a marvel.  I do miss her SS classes now that I am in the Primary.




No comments:

Post a Comment