Friday, May 22, 2009

Life is Good in KL

Life is good in KL.  I am settling into work well.  Not stressed as much as I was at first. 

I downloaded the pictures from my little camera finally.  I had forgotten to pack the computer connection cables so had to wait until they came in our air shipment and then it has just taken some time to finally get around to posting them.  I already told you all about those wonderful breakfasts at the Ritz-Carlton and now you can see what I meant.  One of my favorite things was to have the watermelon, sweet and juicy, with the blue cheese.  Oh that was the best.  Oh how I miss those breakfasts.

Monday is the Memorial Holiday and I have been trying to figure out how to go golfing.  It seems as if you have to be a member to golf.  So very confusing.

My new boss, Greg Gilmartin, just arrived this week and I met him for the first time yesterday.  He is very nice and I think he will be great to work for.  His wife, Caryn, will come with their 21 year old daughter who will only stay for a while since she is in college.  Caryn is an FBI employee and will take a leave of absence to accompany her husband.  They both golf so hopefully between the four of us we can figure out how to get a golf foursome going.

I actually told Scott I was NOT going to go to work this Saturday.  I am actually starting to be able to keep up with my work and that feels good.

We are going to have a pool day today and then go to an afternoon movie.  Doesn't that sound great.

We should be hearing about Scott's job any day now.  It will be his money that we will use on our trips.

We had the missionaries (Sisters) over for dinner last Sunday.  It was so much fun to visit with them.  They are awesome.  Because we don't have very many dishes we only had the four Sister missionaries.  We felt bad when the Sisters had talked to the Elders and found out they hadn't been invited.  We are going to have them next Sunday if they will forgive us and come.  We will have to dream up something really good.

Boy they have some terrific Thunder and lightening storms here.  The other night I was sure a bomb had gone off.  Then at work in my little cave the lights flickered and then there was a huge boom, and I even screamed because it caught me so off guard.  On Thursday, it rained so hard that the Embassy had water streaming in from everywhere.  Just amazing.  I had forgotten to pack my crocs that day and had Scott walk all the way to the Embassy to bring them so I didn't get my nice shoes soaked.  Isn't he just the nicest man.

I get up every morning and fix and curl my hair.  When I walk out my front door I look like Shirley Temple with really curly hair, but by the time I get to the Embassy I look like Greta Garbo (her later years) with practically straight hair.  I keep trying though.  I had to file down all my fingernails because they are getting so long it was bothering me when I typed.

I am a member of the Housing Board and I get to go to check out new apartments.  It is really fun and I had a chance to go see my boss's new apartment.  They look over the KLCC Park and also have the Petronas Towers for a view.  It is spectacular.  They are a little further away from the Embassy, but I would love to live so close to the park and the KLCC Mall for shopping.

We are in full swing in practicing for our Musical Presentation.  I was given a new solo part and started to practice that.  I don't like it as much as the other one I had been working on, but the range is a lot better for me.

With work getting better, life is wonderful for me, but for Scott it is a marvel.  He has been swimming almost every day and it shows.  He has a great tan and has lost a lot of weight.  He doesn't fit into his jeans anymore, but for guys that is great because the baggier the better.  

So life is good in KL.

2 comments:

  1. Did I miss something , I didn't see any pictures. Always send pictures.
    Miss you.
    Love,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys! I'm glad you are swimming so much dad. That's great. Love you!

    ReplyDelete